Search This Blog

Monday, April 7, 2014

Tableaux: Part 2 - Performance Art at it's finest (at least for eighth grade)

After my excitement over last week's lesson on tableaux, I started to get a little nervous about the actual performance pieces. My falling asleep thoughts started drifting toward the negative. As much as I would like to believe that my enthusiasm for each and every lesson carries over to my students, that is not always the case. Was I misreading them? Were they not enjoying this as much as they appeared to be?

Friday showed me that they were absolutely engaged and pleased with the lesson. Not only did they enjoy the lessons, some of the groups I expected the least from produced the best statues. I love being surprised by them. This lesson is definitely a keeper. 

Here are a few of my favorites:

1. Turning down new assignments


4. Asking too many questions



8. Fueling the rumor mill



6. Refusing to admit your mistakes


No comments:

Post a Comment